Thursday, July 22, 2010

Finding Time

Isn't it always tough to find the time to do all that we need/want to do?

These last two weeks have been particularly tough, with getting back to work full-time and managing the monster/sleeping issues in our house. What used include some relaxation and chore routine during the weekdays nights suddenly became just simply trying to get my son to go and stay asleep. Due to that, I have felt completely thrown off course. I know it has happened to everyone.

Last night, he was asleep by 7:15, with some encouraging words from Dad.


Oh, nice! Sure he was up at 4:45, and didn't earn his "wait until Mommy gets you up" award, but he is happy and a spaz today.

I love routine because I know how much time I have to do a particular thing, and can generalize whether I'll be on time, can get a certain thing done, etc. Mornings like today throw me off a bit and instead of being early because my son wakes up at 4:45 instead of me getting him up at 5:20 or so, I have to figure out how to have him entertained so I can sneak back in the bedroom to get my makeup and things to somewhat get ready before breakfast so it fits in the rest of the family routine, without him coming to the back to tell Daddy hello before Daddy wakes at 5:30, or we will definitely have a house full of monsters then!

I think what I'm learning most about parenting is to expect the unexpected, at all times, and just try to be flexible, knowing that around the corner, things will change again anyway. Sure, I feel/understand that today, but when the next change happens, I know I'll forget, won't I?

Until then, I'll try to find the time to squeeze in all the little things that didn't get done, or what the heck, write off a few things that aren't necessary...


How do you find time to get everything done when life throws you off course?

No comments:

Post a Comment