Tuesday, July 6, 2010

WILTW: Blogging

What I learned this week has to do with blogging. I started a family-focused blog in the fall of 2007, actually Labor Day weekend, when I had the time to play around and figure out how it all worked. It was a great way to share photos of myself growing as a pregnant woman, with family far away, and all the fun events, like baby showers and such. It was even more amazing once I had my son and could share the goings on without having to contact and stay in touch with so many people. Basically none of our family lives anywhere near us, so it was perfect.

I felt like I was lacking something though, like a place for myself, where I didn't need to edit every little thought and I could feel free to write about anything. That's when I started this blog, which has gone so many different directions that I love it, and I enjoy even more, making connections with other bloggers!

The difficulty comes though, in keeping up with two blogs, and trying to post daily to each throughout the week (I just started doing that at the end of May). I just can't keep it up. I used to do it only weekly to my family one, and I think I'll go back to doing that again.

I love to blog, but I don't want to feel the responsibility that it brings. I think I'm busy enough in my job and role as a mom and wife, and I want those to be priorities. So, if I'm not here every day, I need to let that be okay with me. It is exciting though, to have ideas to blog about, so perhaps I still will as well!

Let me ask you, how often do you blog (I admit, I do schedule mine for future dates though and do several at a time), and do you ever feel pressured to do so, with your own expectations of yourself?

2 comments:

  1. I started my blog for family and for me... and I blog when I can. Usually 2-3 times per week -sometimes more, sometimes less :) I wish I could write several posts and schedule them, but I just can't do it. I write one at a time and hit 'publish' when I'm done.

    Daily blogging... on two blogs?? That's a lot of pressure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so like you, my friend! I have 2 blogs: a review blog and my regular blog. I try to post at least during the week to my primary blog and my review one whenever I have something (I have just started that one anyway). I give myself a break on the weekends and try to catch up with other stuff!

    ReplyDelete