Thursday, July 1, 2010

Recipe: Chipotle Tostadas

This is one of my absolute favorites, even with all the prep time it takes for chopping the goodies that go on it. I meant to take a picture of a "decorated" on during dinner the other night and forgot, so you'll just have to imagine the creative mix of items you can put on your tostada to pretty it up and make it taste so good!

I honestly don't know where I found this recipe, but I can't claim it as my own.

CHIPOTLE TOSTADAS
2 tbsp olive oil
1 med. onion, chopped
1 teas. ground cumin
4 c. cooked pinto beans (I use 2-15 oz. cans, drained)
4 teas. Chipotle Tabasco sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 c. water
tostada shells
1 c. feta cheese or Cotija Queso Seco (I use feta)
1 c. finely diced tomato
1/2 c. thinly sliced radishes
1/2 c. loosely packed cilantro leaves (I chop them)
iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced, sprinkled with vinegar and salt
guacamole
sour cream

Saute onions in oil in skillet. Add ground cumin and cook 30 seconds. Add beans, teas. salt, cup of water. Use potato masher to mash beans until like lumpy potatoes. 

Here's what mine looks like at this point:
Cook on medium heat until water is absorbed.

Here's what mine looks like at this point:
Stir in Chipotle to taste and add more salt if desired. 

My hubby likes to add more Chipotle sauce on top of his tostada after he prepares it. I always say he makes the prettiest tostada, that I should take a picture of. I forgot until he'd taken a few bites, but here is one partway eaten. I'm no "glamour gourmet photographer", so please forgive the unbreakable family friendly plate!
For more great recipes see We Are That Family.


No comments:

Post a Comment