Friday, June 25, 2010

Like Sisters to Me

My friend Becca did a great post today, on someone who is so special to her, someone like a sister to her.

I actually have two of these gal pals, gals who I just adore.

One is Deanne, who I've known since...hmm...maybe 1998 or 1999? I was her mentor teacher when she began teaching, and we became fast friends. We almost even moved in together several years later when my relationship broke up and I was considering moving the to big city. (I still moved to a big city, just a little less large). She is so dear to me in every way. I think we can trust each other with deep, deep thoughts.
The first photo is from August 2008, with my son, and the one on the right, on my birthday 2009.
I just adore my friend Dee and wish we could see each other more often. Whenever I see her, my days seem brighter for awhile (not that they aren't typically bright, but they seem extra bright).

My other great gal pal, who I don't see enough of is Amy. I just spent the morning today at her house with the kids, playing in the pool. We used to work together, pre-kids, and I couldn't wait for every day to have lunch with her and catch up. She is someone you can talk to anything, I mean anything, in the world about, and she totally understands, and she's just as open in the opposite direction. It is hard now, with kids, to find the time to really talk, but when we do, it is wonderful!
Here she is last summer with one of her beautiful daughter, and the other, from a bbq at her house a few weekend ago.
I have many other wonderful, beautiful gal pals, and I appreciate them all so much too. Thank you for everything you've all been to be and continue to be!

Girlfriends are a big part of what makes life complete.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I'm so glad you did a post on your special ladies :)

    ReplyDelete