Saturday, June 26, 2010

Super Savings: Walgreens

Money Saving Mom has a great post on Saturdays, Super Savings Saturdays. I'm always anxious to learn something new there.

This week, actually yesterday, I went a little crazy, deciding to shop all the main local grocery stores to get the best deals and stock up, and also take a trip to Walgreens and Target.

My best deal was at Walgreens. I bought the Renu contact solution for $7.49 and got $7.50 in Register Rewards, as well as Herbal Essences shampoo for $2.99 and got $2.00 Register Rewards! I did make a little mistake in that I wanted conditioner too, so I got it, not realizing I wouldn't get a RR for it. Oh well, shampoo and conditioner for $3.98? Not bad...though maybe I should take that second one back and rebuy it? I guess I could have done a second trip. Now, the tricky part is making sure I can get good deals before 7/9/10 to use my Register Rewards.

I'm also on my way to trying just cash for groceries this month (July really-I'm doing my shopping this weekend for July, or so it counts in our budget since it starts next week.) I think it will be easier in the long run when I have to make a return as well because it always comes back as cash and ends up getting spent on something else.

What were great savings you had this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment