Monday, June 21, 2010

What I Learned this Week: A LOT!

What did I learn this week?

1. Having a two-year-old is tough. Terrible twos? Understatement. I am anxious for age three. My pediatrician says toddlers aren't human until they reach three. How far away is November 6th?

2. Giving blood isn't so bad. I used to do it all the time. That is, until some of my skin got into the needle and stopped the blood flow 7, yes 7, years ago. It has been that long since I donated, and I'm type O NEG, the universal one. So I went and did it last week, and I'm on the road to recovery, to donating again. I even have my next appt. August 14th. Nevermind the wrap (oops...I typed "crap" first) you have to wear on your arm for 4-5 hours after. Creepy!

3. I am so much less tolerant about creepy things (like blood) since I had my son. Just looking around the Red Cross donation center, I felt woozy. Oh, I shouldn't share that as I want you to donate too!

4. My son thinks he, Daddy, and Mommy have a tail. You can guess what that is. Is it time for privacy now, do you ask? Well, today as I finished my business, he strolls in and says, "Mommy have tail?" "No, mommies don't have tails," I say, only boys do, and Mommy is a girl. I don't know where he learned the "tail" word, but it is pretty funny!

5. I can't wait until November 6th.

Oh, did I say that already? Okay, I know it isn't a magical date, but c'mon...cut me a break. My little sweetheart has turned into someone else's child. Can I have him back please? I suppose I'll be asking the same at age 14, won't I?

What did YOU learn this week? For more, see Julie at From Inmates to Playdates!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how well I remember the Trying Twos. =) my little fella is now four and things are MUCH better. MUCH better. Although he still has his moments. You'll get there. Oh, and I never had to wear the wrap thing when I donated blood. That must be a new thing. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete